14 January 2014

Nail Trends 2014


Hello everyone! It’s so exciting to be working with Lolo and Galago and to contribute to their fantastic blog. I love their designer jewellery so was really pleased when I got the opportunity to blog about nails with them. Before I start on my first ever post I’d like to introduce myself so you can get to know me a little bit better.
My name is Anona, I’m from London and I am a qualified nail technician.

As a girly girl I have always loved anything to do with nails, nail polish, nail care and any new products and trends out there, but in the past years my obsession has grown from buying nail polish and products once in a blue moon to every week! When I first started doing my own nail art I downloaded Instagram to publish my work and since then I have grown my followers into the thousands looking at and liking my photos. I classed myself as a nail artist earlier in 2013 and then got up the courage to start an NVQ Level 2 course in nail services, to earn my qualification in all things nails. And since then I have gone from simple polka dots to more intricate designs and I am here to tell you what’s hot, what options are out there for your nails and all the important  new collections from the biggest and best Nail companies, and where to buy them!
So to start us off for the New Year I thought I’d talk about nail trends predicted for this Spring, based on what models have been wearing in Fashion shows in New York, London and Milan.


White Embellished Nails 

First up we have plain white nails with crystal or studded embellishments. These are hot for this year and so simple for you or your nail technician to recreate just by adding a few of stones onto each nail using a topcoat. Here is an example of both types of embellishments.


Favourite white nail polishes:     O.P.I. ‘Alpine Snow’ £11.50

                                                                China Glaze ‘White On White’ £6.95

                                                                Essie ‘Blanc’ £7.99

Studs and Crsytals available from Swarovski and other retailers.

I used O.P.I. ‘Alpine Snow’ and Seche Vite Fast Drying Topcoat.

These glitzy styles go great with large, bold statement pieces such as Lolo and Galago’s statement Chunky collection- the gold and rose gold vermeil surfaces really work well with these designer looks!




Nude Half Moon Nails
The next nail trend for 2014 is Nude half moons, a modern twist on this vintage classic by eliminating the red nail polish from the vintage half moon manicure.  For a how to video please check out my YouTube Channel @nonaphilippa. Here is an example of two separate ways to achieve this look, a lighter nude or a darker nude base.

O.P.I. ‘Tickle Me France-y’ and ‘Alpine Snow’ used.

O.P.I. ‘Bubble Bath’ and ‘Alpine Snow’ used.

Favourite nude nail polishes:      O.P.I. ‘Tickle My France-y’ £11.50

                                                                Zoya ‘Rue’ £10.50

                                                                Essie ‘Topless and Barefoot’  £7.99

I really like the nude look here and it goes well with more classical jewellery- pair with the Siren collection or Jayce Wong’s beautiful Fine collection.

Sideways French Nails

And finally the sideways French manicure, another modern twist on a classic manicure by switching it up. This manicure shows the classic curve of a French manicure on the side of your nail showing the stripe.

O.P.I. ‘My Address Is Hollywood’ and ‘Lincoln Park After Dark’  used, £11.50 each.

You can choose many colour combinations here, but if using bolder colours like above try pairing with the Minimalist collection- these designer jewellery pieces focus on deep stone colours and are perfect for working with two-tone colours.
All of these nail art designs are really easy for any novice but if you don’t fancy doing them yourself visit your local nail technician who I’m sure will gladly recreate any of these for you.
 All of these and many more are posted on my Instagram profile so please go check me out @nonaphilippa.

Until next month subscribers!

No comments:

Post a Comment